Investment performance

Mike or Penny Novack mpnovack at mtdata.com
Sat Oct 22 16:26:47 EDT 2016

On 10/22/2016 1:29 PM, Wm wrote:
> O for fux sake.
>
> Well done, Liz, you've allowed him to screw up another decent exchange
> of views.
>
> Curtail him, please.

You think THAT is what I was doing? Asking that a user give more details
about what they said they needed (asking more about the WHY?) You have a
lot of experience dealing with user requests in the real world? You
haven't experienced that all too often, in order to accomplish X the
user THINKS they need Y when actually they would need Z. In my days in
the cypher mines, if I just wore my systems analyst hat all the time and
gave the users what they literally asked for would have cost users money
and not satisfied their needs. Instead, slip on that business analyst
hat for a moment and ask the user to explain and just maybe come up with
what will satisfy what the user actually needs.

I was just giving an example where it LOOKS LIKE "performance history"
would be needed, where most users might think that, and ask for that,
when in fact the "history" would not be relevant and just the current
state needed to make the decision.

Michael D Novack

--
There is no possibility of social justice on a dead planet except the equality of the grave.