Linux: 2.4.11 migratoin to 2.6.13 Guide?

james garftd at verizon.net
Thu Sep 8 13:48:32 EDT 2016

OH,

I did find overlook this in the FAQ::
"backup my data"
  If you're using the XML (default) backend, GnuCash makes local backups
for you every time it saves your file. It does this by renaming the
previous version of the file with a date-time-stamp and a new .gnucash
suffix. For example, if your data file is named MyAccounts.gnucash, one
of the backups might be named MyAccounts.gnucash.20140131150812.gnucash.

So that is the magic, all-inclusive data file to move over to the new
system?  Any others files to move over? Just follow the backup/restores
directions?::

"To restore from an off-disk backup, just copy MyAccounts.gnucash back
into the directory where the original is. "

???
Will that work to migrate from one (2.4.11) install to a 2.6.13 install
on a new system, both linux?

James