File Format Decision

Fross, Michael michael at fross.org
Wed Sep 21 12:30:10 EDT 2016

Hello everyone,

I've fairly new using GNUCash, only a month or so and really enjoying it
but have a quick question.

The website says that DB support is experimental, but I assume this has
just not been updated and that there is no risk using SQL Lite.  I'd like
to confirm my assumption.

Secondly, what is the general thinking on what to use when?  SQL Lite seems
to me to be a better choice IMHO.  I understand I'll need to do the
backups, but are there any other challenges?

I've looked around quite a bit but there is little decision criteria or
options listed.  I did see large data files benefit from SQL, but it will
be some time before I would consider my data file to be large.

I appreciate the opinions.

Regards,

Michael