Can I integrate one file into another?

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 12:05:23 EDT 2017

Provided your backup includes the data file (something like
accounts.gnucash) then you just have to restore that if you mess up.
Check before you start by copying the accounts file from the backup to
a differently named file (test.gnucash or something) then use File >
Open in GC to open that file and make sure you can read it ok. Don't
forget to then use File > Open to re-open your original file. Once you
have proved that you can open the file from the backup and it looks ok
then you don't need to worry about messing up your working file.

Colin