Help Importing from 2.6.0 (GnuCash) running on Windows XP to 2.6.16 (GnuCash) running on Windows 10

Gene H genevdv at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 18 14:43:26 EDT 2017

Purchased a new computer on Windows 10.  Downloaded 2.6.16 and then imported all data from XP 2.6.0 computer to the new computer and Version of GnuCash.  I can make entries into GnuCash, except that when I try to enter ANY account name, it says, “account not found; do you wish to create an account?”

Is there incompatibility going on or a problem in how I tried to make the transition from XP and 2.6.0 to Windows 10 and 2.6.16?

Thank you in advance for any Help!

Gene