File not ZEROED, what went wrong?

Jay Ridgley jridgley2 at austin.rr.com
Sat Aug 12 09:13:05 EDT 2017

Good Morning,

I just discovered that my Income:Wages entry was NOT processed when my
books were closed for 2913!

I have had no reason to examine this entry (I retired in June 2013) but
noticed it was not zero when I was looking at my accounts recently.

I have two questions, 1. - Why was it not cleared in the first place, it
was handled properly in prior years and 2. - What is the best way to
correct the problem?

Reopening 2013 is not an answer! That was over 2 YEARS ago and a couple
of TAX RETURNS as well! I can think of a journal entry that will do it
but wonder whether the accounts I would use are the correct ones:

Income:Wages		charge amt
Equity:Increased Equity		 income amt
JE001 Failed closing 2013

Cheers,