GL Accounts

Caleb Walker caleb at calebwalker.net
Fri Dec 8 09:52:04 EST 2017

Thank you Mr. King for your response.  My question is not about accounting principles but more so how do I do that in GC.  When I go to “Process Payment” the only thing available to “Post To” is “Assets:Accounts Receivable”.  I cannot put anything else in there nor can I put multiple accounts in there.  Also in the “Transfer Account” section I can only choose one account.  However, in processing a payment it should normally debit a cash account but having the freedom to debit or credit any account would be useful.

Then I went to create an invoice and in the "Invoice Entries” section I can only select and Income Account in the “Income Account” column.  I tried to type in an equity account like “Equity:Opening Balances:Caleb Startup Capital” and the program said that the account did not exist.

I have followed these same examples in A/P as well to no avail.  Is there a config file I need to edit to allow me to get out of this “jail” where the program is forcing me to shoe-horn my processes?  I also cannot find a way to do a “split transaction” yet.  I am still looking though.