GnuCash: Docs: Where to document?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Dec 11 19:01:59 EST 2017

> On Dec 11, 2017, at 2:27 PM, Charles Sliger <chaz at bctonline.com> wrote:
>
> I'm starting to migrate from QuickBooks to GnuCash.
> I'm working my way through the integration issues with
> Gnucash - Python - Postgresql
> How would the GnuCash team prefer that I document this for the benefit
> of others?
>
> I've got about 30 years of unix/database/network systems engineering
> under my belt and without that to draw on I don't think I would be able
> to work my way through this as the documentation seems rather sparse and
> fractured.
>
> I'll have to document it for my own purposes anyway so let me know if
> there's interest.

Chaz,

Can you outline what you propose to document? Integration with QuickBooks doesn’t really make sense to me and SQL servers have plenty of documentation themselves as well as hundreds of books and websites teaching how to administer them. Repeating any of that in our documentation would be pointless.

Regards,
John Ralls