MacOS 10.13.2 won't work with Gnucash

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Dec 17 23:05:57 EST 2017

> On Dec 17, 2017, at 7:32 PM, itspmm at gmail.com wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have just installed Gnucash 2.16.19 on my Mac that is running High Sierra.
> In spite of all my efforts, I cannot get Gnucash to load or even open
> properly. I understand from previous posts about High Sierra issues that
> when the latest stable version of Gnucash is installed, the libraries are
> updated. I'm not quite sure how that happens when it is a case of copying
> the application from the DMG file to the Mac Applications folder.
>
> Any others with this problem? I need to find a fix asap since I have a set
> of financial reports to prepare for a meeting in two days! Thanks.

Starts right up for me on both of my Macs, both running 10.13. One of them probably doesn’t count because it’s the machine that GnuCash is built on, but the other doesn’t have a Gnucash-2.6 build tree on it.

GnuCash.app, like every other Mac app, is really a directory tree with most everything the app needs inside. You can see what’s inside by control-clicking on it in Finder and selection “Show Contents” from the context menu.

So, what’s going wrong? What have you tried to resolve it?

Regards,
John Ralls