Fwd: New time period choices for Income Statement

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at dialup4less.com
Wed Feb 8 10:13:35 EST 2017

On 2/8/2017 9:52 AM, Jean-David Beyer wrote:
> On 02/08/2017 09:04 AM, Cindy Doughty wrote:
>> I have modified the Income Statement report to allow you to easily select a
>> time period.  There are over 125 potential combinations.  Possible
>> selections include a month, a quarter, last 90 days, last 6 months or you
>> can use a custom time period.  I'd like feedback on any potential
>> improvements to either the menus shown or to the scheme programming code.
> I get my Social Security (in USA) on the second Wednesday of the month.
> I imagine others get it on the Nth WhateverDay of the month.
> So I hope an option like that is included in the over 125 combinations
> you will be providing.

You need to be clearer about what you want (are trying to do). The date
of individual transactions normally has little to do with what period
you choose for an "Income Statement" (aka "profit and loss" aka
"statement of revenues" depending on what sort of entity the books are for).

For example, suppose you chose "month" as the period (1st to last day of
month). The every month would have ONE SS "check" as income no matter on
which Wednesday of the month that was.

Michael D Novack