Fwd: New time period choices for Income Statement

Jean-David Beyer jeandavid8 at verizon.net
Wed Feb 8 12:04:45 EST 2017

On 02/08/2017 09:52 AM, Jean-David Beyer wrote:
> On 02/08/2017 09:04 AM, Cindy Doughty wrote:
>> I have modified the Income Statement report to allow you to easily select a
>> time period.  There are over 125 potential combinations.  Possible
>> selections include a month, a quarter, last 90 days, last 6 months or you
>> can use a custom time period.  I'd like feedback on any potential
>> improvements to either the menus shown or to the scheme programming code.
>
> I get my Social Security (in USA) on the second Wednesday of the month.
> I imagine others get it on the Nth WhateverDay of the month.
> So I hope an option like that is included in the over 125 combinations
> you will be providing.
>
> Right now, I am on gnucash-2.4.15-4.el6.x86_64.rpm, that is the latest
> version EPEL has for my distribution of Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
> release 6.8 (Santiago), so I will not see these changes until EPEL gets
> around to making an update, or until I upgrade to RHEL 7, which I may
> never do. I will probably wait until RHEL 8, whenever that comes out.

I misunderstood. I thought you meant you changed the Scheduled
Transactions system. I see now that that was not the case.

I guess that misunderstanding resulted, not from the ambiguity of your
post, but from my desire to have someone do a change there, so that is
what I saw even though you said nothing of the kind.

  /V\  PGP-Key:166D840A 0C610C8B Registered Machine  1935521.
 /( )\ Shrewsbury, New Jersey    http://linuxcounter.net
 ^^-^^ 12:00:01 up 10 min, 2 users, load average: 6.32, 4.76, 2.52