A/R: 2 questions

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Feb 8 15:02:01 EST 2017

   Two questions about accounts receivable:

   1.) Why can I not see the entire transaction line, even when I expand the
GnuCash window to the full width of the monitor? At the right end are fields
for tax table, subtotal, and tax, but nothing beyond that (such as a total.)
When I expand the window the Description field expands, but not the end of
that line.

   Related to this: we have no sales tax or VAT here in Oregon. Is there a
way to remove all tax related fields from account and transaction views?

   2.) I added a client and an invoice on 2 Jan 2017 and assigned it the A/R
account. When I view the A/R register this amount is shown in the credit
column rather than the debit column and the total is a negative amount. I
cannot edit the A/R record even after unposting the invoice. This means that
the negative amount decreases current assets in the balance sheet report.

   Further, when I received payment and processed it this past Tuesday I used
the A/R process payment dialog box. Yet the A/R register does not show the
payment, only the outstanding invoice.

   I thought that I had done everything correctly because I had the Guide
open both times and followed the protocol described there. I'd like to
ensure that A/R is correct with both invoices sent and payments received.

Rich