Data Entry Problem

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 8 12:11:50 EST 2017

Hi,

Gerald Ellis <gellis at aeneas.net> writes:

> Derek:
> Yes - The account balance did change once the transaction was
> displayed. And, Yes, I did have a Filter on Date set to start on 11-14-
> 16 and end on 2-1-17.  You may have noticed that I had three
> transaction in the check register dated 2-1-17 and they all work
> properly.  As I told Maf, I did remove the filter all together and then
> went to the Expense register and selected the entry missing fron the
> check register the "Jumped" back to the check register and there it was
> just as I had entered it.  So, my question now is Why did the three
> entries for Feb 1, 2017 work when the Stop Date of the filter was set
> to Feb 1, 2017 and the transaction for Feb 3, 2017 failed?  Do we need
> to look at the code for the filter stop date, or could something in my
> OS have changed the EFFECTIVE date?

I don't understand your question here.  You had the filter set up to
show transactions between 11-14-16 and 2-1-17, but then you ask why it
was showing transactions dated 2-1-17 but not 2-3-17?

It's doing that because that's the end-date you selected.

I.e., it's a "on and before" end-date, not "before" end-date.
Therefore, transactions dated on the end-date will show up.  If you did
NOT want to include your Feb 1 transactions then you should have set the
end-date as Jan 31.