A/R: 2 questions

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Feb 8 16:21:13 EST 2017

On Wed, 8 Feb 2017, Geert Janssens wrote:

> After you have expanded your window, you can double-click on the vertical
> separator between the description field and the action field. This should
> shrink the description field enough to show all the remaining fields on a
> line.

Geert,

   I can also drag the separator bar to the left. This taught me there are no
more columns after the tax column on the _invoice_.

> Let me also point out here it looks like you're mixing terminology,

   Yes. I have done so.

> What do you mean with you "assigned it the A/R account"? Did you post the
> invoice to the A/R account or did you add an entry to the invoice and
> chose the A/R account as Income account ?

> The latter would be wrong. You'd need to enter an income account in the entry/
> entries and post the invoice to an A/R account afterwards.

   I cannot now tell you what I did then. I'll delete the invoice and start
over.

> Do you perhaps have more than one A/R type account (and similarly more than
> one A/P type account) ?

   For some reason I have a sub-account for this client.

   Will start over.

Thanks,

Rich