Dialog Box Bug?

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 15 23:42:47 EST 2017

In looking at the settings for a Transaction Report, I am reminded of some input oddities on the sorting tab of the settings. The tab includes selection drop boxes for Primary Key, Primary Subtotal for Date Key, Secondary Key, and Secondary Subtotal for Date Key. These controls behave rather strangely for me. If I change the value in either of the Primary or Secondary Key entries, the drop box becomes “locked” to this value, and I can only change it again by closing the report and starting again. Furthermore, if the associated Subtotal box becomes locked (by selecting a non-date sort option), this option remains locked, even if the sort is later changed to a date sort.

Is this a bug I should report?

While I am at it, I will mention that it would be nice if the limitation on subtotaling could be removed, and users allowed to subtotal by other data elements in the transaction. Users often request a subtotal by description.

Cheers,
David