Importing accounts/data as CSV [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jan 28 14:48:30 EST 2017

On Thu, 5 Jan 2017, Rich Shepard wrote:

> When I know the fields and their sequence I can write a one-line awk
> script to reformat the .csv files that I've exported from the previous
> software.

   After looking at the potential time involved, and discussing record
keeping needs with my accountant, we determined the best approach is to open
GnuCash personal and business files with the opening balance as of
2017-01-01 and leave earlier years' data and software until they're past
their keep-until dates. Then I'll remove applications and data.

   Now I'm reading up on how to set up my business records.

Thanks all!

Rich