No (chart) report on Ubuntu

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Jan 30 15:20:46 EST 2017

Hi Philip,

I don't think this is related to the issue Marcin reports. So I have changed
the title to make it a separate topic.

I don't find the version of gnucash you are using now (or which one you used
before and didn't generate a report).

Perhaps an obvious question first: have you verified you do have expenses in
your book ? If you go to your chart of accounts and and open one of your
expense accounts, does it show entries ?

I presume with "no files selected" you mean:
No data
The selected accounts contain no data/transactions (or only zeroes) for the
selected time period

There are  two aspects in this message:
- either you didn't select an account which holds expenses regardless of what
you have tried already. If you verified you do have expenses, try selecting
one single expense account in the report options. One for which you are sure
it holds expenses.
- or the report is configured for a periode in which you didn't have expenses.
Check out the information in the general tab of the report options to find for
which period the report is searching for expenses. By default it will check
the current "Accounting Period". This is something that is configured in the
general gnucash preferences under Edit->Preferences. Check there also that the
Accounting period is configured to a period for which you have entered
expenses.

Regards,

Geert