How To Stop GnuCash from Saying It Cannot Find a Specific File

ppssupport at hotmail.com ppssupport at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 1 21:04:14 EST 2017

   To dave,
   Gnucash holds a registry for history of file used. If the last file is
   used and is deleted and no other file is opened or created, you receive
   that error you mentioned.
   There is 3 method to deal with it.
   Method 1 Create new file
     * Ignore the error when open
     * Create a new gnucash file or open a new file.

   Method 2 Delete history key with regedit
     * Open regedit.exe
     * Goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GSettings\org\gnucash\history
     * right click the key and select delete

   Method 3 Delete history key with .reg file
     * open Notepad and type (copy paste) the following

   Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
   [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GSettings\org\gnucash\history]
     * save the file as reg file

     * When prompt to save, save to desktop with the name regtodelete.reg
       (do not forget .reg) as All Files as type file

     * close notepad
     * double click the regtodelete(.reg) file from your desktop and
       follow the screens

   Jeffrey