Msgs copied to Gnucashusers stopped as unwanted mail.

Greg Feneis mfeneis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 18:56:20 EST 2017

Hi Alain,

I think I faced this same issue.  My email account is with Gmail.com, and I
use the web interface to read and send email.  What you're calling
"unwanted email" I believe is commonly referred to as "SPAM" in Internet
slang.

If I understand correctly, when the list server broadcasts an email, it
sends it as if it came from the original sender, instead of from the list
server's email address.  When one of these emails is originally from from
particular ISPs, (I think Yahoo.com was most frequent for me) your emails
service (or perhaps your email client) performs a check to authenticate the
email.  The list server doesn't respond to the check correctly (perhaps not
at all?) and so your email service (or client) considers the email as SPAM
(unwanted email).

In my Gmail web interface, I set up a filter to catch all emails from the
GnuCash list and place them in a particular folder, and never send them to
the SPAM folder.  It seems to have worked.  Now these emails that were
originally sent to my SPAM folder arrive where I expect to find them, and
are simply marked with a warning.

Perhaps in your email app, you can set a similar filter to detect all
emails from the GnuCash list server and never send them to SPAM folder.
Although you may need to log into your email's web interface at bbox.fr or
some such to be able to set the filter up.

See attached screen shots of the relevant Gmail settings.

Kind regards,

Greg Feneis

 <http://www.linkedin.com/in/electromechanical>