Can you use the same data file on a PC and a MAC?

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 25 01:27:37 EDT 2017

Because of oddities of how GnuCash is implemented on the Mac, you cannot double-click a file in Finder and have GnuCash open that file. You must actively use File->Open to call up the file. This is a known behavior.

Since GnuCash also automatically opens the last file you accessed when it starts, you will not need to repeat File->Open the next time. Just be sure your flash drive is properly mounted before you start GnuCash, or it will tell you it can’t find the file.

David

P.S. - I have noticed in recent weeks an increase in GnuCash-users subscribers replying directly on Nabble to posts that non-subscribers have submitted. Please be aware that when a subscriber replies to the original post, your reply appears on GnuCash-users *before* the original question, since your reply doesn’t have to viewed by a moderator. Personally, I’d rather you guys would wait until the post passes through moderation to reply, as it is disconcerting to receive the reply before the query, but understand the desire to offer help quickly. Perhaps someone has suggestions on how this might be better finessed?