Can you use the same data file on a PC and a MAC?

lizbethmcq lizbethmcq at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 16:23:51 EDT 2017

I use a PC at work and a MAC at home.  Most of the time I do my personal
accounting on my work PC and since I don't want my personal financial detail
visible to my IT admin I store my GnuCash data file on a flash drive.
Recently I wanted to work on my books from home on the weekend and attempted
to open my data file on my MAC.  When I bring up GnuCash and try to file >
open the MAC does not see the flash drive.  If I navigate directly to the
flash drive and double click my GnuCash file, the application opens but its
a new unsaved book not my data.

It seems to work if I save the file in Dropbox but then its exposed if
someone were to open the application on my work computer since there is no
password protection.

Any suggestions?

Liz