Upgrading gc on an ubuntu desktop

Adonay Felipe Nogueira adfeno at openmailbox.org
Mon May 1 09:16:17 EDT 2017

Perhaps you can try installing it from Guix. I have been using it myself
in my copy of Trisquel 7 (based on Ubuntu 14.04 that, differently from
Ubuntu, it's free/libre, as in freedom, not price) and I so far have no
problems.

If you want some help on how to install Guix, you have various options:

- Follow the installation guide (and every link it tells you to look
  into):
  [[http://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Installation.html#Installation]].

  - If you get stuck, ask around on IRC: [[irc://chat.freenode.net/#guix]].

  - Contact me directly.

- Ask, or pay, other people to install Guix for you.

  - People on the Guix mailing list, IRC, or even I, can offer the
    service. Most of the times, we do this gratis.

For transparency purposes, here is the list of packages in Guix that
start with G letter (look for "gnucash" there):
[[http://www.gnu.org/software/guix/packages/g.html]]. This also has a
link to the corresponding Guix package recipe.

--
- [[https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno]]
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com