Retrieving BTC (Bitcoin) Quotes

ehmar at 2xwave.com ehmar at 2xwave.com
Tue May 16 16:35:16 EDT 2017

I was wondering how to retrieve quotes using the Security & Price Editor
for bitcoin (BTC).

I've found that Yahoo now reports the BTC price in USD at
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/BTCUSD=X

I also found that the csv download works at
http://download.finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=BTCUSD%3DX&f=nab (Is
this how GnuCash retrieves it's Yahoo quotes?)

I've tried multiple times to setup a FUND, AMEX, NASDAQ, & NYSE for
"BTCUSD=X", but can't get the Price Editor to download a price (from
Yahoo USA).

Is there something preventing me from querying Yahoo for the BTCUSD
price?
Is the equal sign "=" valid in GnuCash for a symbol/abbreviation?
I've also tried BTXUSD%3DX (like the csv download link above) with no
success?

Unable to retrieve quotes for these items:
   FUND:BTCUSD=X

Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm running Version 2.6.15 rev 1ef17e6+ on 2016-12-21 on Debian Linux 9

Thanks