Current terminology

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon May 22 09:48:52 EDT 2017

Both are mentioned and explained in the Guide Glossary (as well as the Wiki glossary, but differently), and HBCI is mentioned in both the Guide and the Help, although not extensively.

Unfortunately, the acronym is used in the application itself in the initial dialog “Initial Online Banking Setup," so that would have to be fixed as well.

Finally, I’ll note that AqBanking, which manages the online banking for GnuCash, is a separate project. Looking at the repository for that, I see many instances of the string “HBCI.” Changes there would have to be implemented by that developer group.

Since this is a German protocol, I think a German user should advise whether HBCI or FinTS is the current preferred nomenclature. Perhaps the AqBanking folks might have ideas on this?

David