F::Q 1.40 uploaded

rosid dnlrsnbrg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 11:28:58 EST 2017

>I'm just trying this out now, but for windows, setting an environment
>variable is easy.  In control panel, select "SYSTEM" then "Advanced System
>Settings" on the left.  There is an environment variables button (poke
>that).

Has anybody been able to get this to work on Windows?
I added the variable to the environment file (ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY=<MYKEY>;
I just added it at the end, is that correct?) as described here:
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_Why_doesn.27t_online_quoting_work.3F

Then I set up a system and a user variable pointing to the above file
(C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\etc\gnucash\environment).

When I try to quote goog.us using gnc-fq-dump -v alphavantage goog.us I get
the following error: errormsg: Please make sure your API key is valid.
Alternatively, claim your free API key on
(https://www.alphavantage.co/support/#api-key). It should take less than 20
seconds, and is free permanently.