Transaction Report with weekly balance

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Sun Nov 19 05:14:48 EST 2017

On Sunday, 19 November 2017 07:20:47 GMT Billsy wrote:
> I currently use Quicken Personal, and use a budget report, which lists
> weekly transactions, and a running balance of my cash account at the end of
> each week - that way I know exactly how much I have in the bank at the end
> of each week.
> When I generate a transaction report with GnuCash, the transactions are
> listed and totalled for each week, but I don't have a weekly cash position
> indicated, so although I know the total of all weekly deductions, I can't
> see a running weekly balance of my cash account.
>
> Am I missing something in the report options?

Hi Billsy,

welcome to the list & GC.  I don't think there is any option on the
transaction report to show a running account balance.  Given all the filter and
sort options of that report, it would probably be non-sensical more of the
time anyway.

You may have to either combine reports to get what you need, or just look at
the register for the weekly balance

The account report will give a running total, but not the weekly subtotal. The
asset barchart can subtotal weekly (hint:turn the option "show table" on) but
won't show transaction detail.   Maybe you could setup a multi-column report
to show what you need on one page?

HTH,
Maf.

--
Maf. King
PGP Key fingerprint = 8D68 A91F 733B 2C1F 43B7  2B7C E591 E8E1 0DE7 C542