Could not obtain the lock

moirag at web.net moirag at web.net
Tue Nov 21 22:42:22 EST 2017

> Hi Moira,
>
> What about the folder that the GC data file is in - is that read-only?
> can you create a file in that folder using some other program, say
notepad or > word?

The folder is not read-only, but it does indicate that there are read-only
files in it that I can't find.

> Don't know how windows manages username permissions - I know that some
files can only be touched by an administrator.  You didn't specify
windows in your OP, it would certainly be possible on linux that the new
user ID would not have permissions to the files of an old ID...

I am the administrator for the machine.  I have Windows (10?)

Moira