How to modify many transactions at once

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 2 11:37:43 EDT 2017

Hi,

Malcolm Fitzgerald <malcolm at notyourhomework.net> writes:

> I'm just starting out with gnucash and I've imported a large number of
> bank transaction records. I now have hundreds of imbalance notices
> that I'd like to correct.  Whoops.

If you're just starting out then I'd suggest you try a do-over.  These
imbalances imply that you did not assign correct Income/Expense accounts
during your import process.  The importer is the only place you can
"mass assign" transactions.  So I suggest you start over and re-do the
imports, and be sure to assign the transactions this time around.