command line QIF import

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 16 04:59:34 EDT 2017

What do you mean "failed"? They aren't in the gnucash file at all? Or, they import incorrectly?
If the latter, take a look at some of the transactions that failed; is there something in common?  In my Quicken data, it was transactions that had no categories that caused the most problems. Fill things in, try again and see what happens. Rinse and repeat until your data is clean enough, and pick up the rest afterwards.
If they didn't import at all, I don't know what to say.
David

  On Sun, Oct 15, 2017 at 22:50, Nelson<fkjasdhf878 at mailinator.com> wrote:   Thank you for your answer David.

I am aware that QIF is a text file and I can open it in text editor.

I have a 235000 lines QIF file created by quicken. Most of the transactions
are being imported properly but there are thousands failing as well. I have
no way to identify those failed transactions other than going line by line
in each account. What shall I "edit in quicken first" to insure a successful
import?