command line QIF import

Nelson fkjasdhf878 at mailinator.com
Mon Oct 16 08:55:58 EDT 2017

There are multiple classes of failures and most of them seems to be transfers
related. There are the ones a which show up more often:

- missing transactions
- duplicate transactions
- voided transactions (transaction exist but flagged as "void" and has zero
amount)
- transactions in wrong account (transfer from account.A to account.B
recorded as debit account.A and credit account.C)

I totally understand QIF format limitations. When I do a transfer from
account.A to account.B, and I download the transactions from the bank in
Quicken, account.B trx. will show up in one day while account.B will show up
couple days later, maybe 2 to 5 days. While Quicken will match these
properly, GnuCash will create duplicates most-likely, because in the
exported QIF file  there are two different transactions,  one for account.A
and one for account.B.

That's why I am saying that having some flags to tuneup the import process
and detailed logging would help a lot.