loan account issue

lebyarules lebyarules at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 19 05:56:31 EDT 2017

hi all

i have a very similar issue to a previous poster when i import my bank
statement all is fine, but importing a loan account statement and dr and cr
are reversed. so any payment towards the loan results in a bigger loan. i
know i could just manually change them but i just wanted to confirm a few
things. what is the destination account for importing loan transactions? my
banks statement shows the principal, interest, and bank fees. is the
destination account meant to be liabilities-loan or assets-bank? secondly,
if i send interest to expense-bank interest, then this affects my cash flow
or profit/loss. im not paying the interest pm its just added back onto my
total loan amount so nothing is deducted from my asset-bank.

example from my bank loan statement:
01Jul2017	PAYMENT - THANK YOU	-3982.55
31Jul2017	ADMIN FEE	68.4
01Aug2017 INTEREST	2392.66
01Aug2017 PAYMENT - THANK YOU	-3936.94
31Aug2017 ADMIN FEE	68.4
01Sep2017 INTEREST	2336.44

any advice would be appreciated for the setup.
thanks