Quantity total below create / view / edit invoice

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Oct 19 08:36:16 EDT 2017

Op donderdag 19 oktober 2017 11:35:53 CEST schreef Amish:
> On Thursday 19 October 2017 01:00 PM, Geert Janssens wrote:
> > Op donderdag 19 oktober 2017 02:56:27 CEST schreef Amish:
> >> Hello
> >>
> >> Recently in India GST was implemented.
> >>
> >> The government requires to report sale / purchase quantity too in
> >> invoice.
> >>
> >> When I create / view / edit invoice, I can see Invoice total and tax
> >> total in status bar.
> >>
> >> Is it possible to add Quantity total too? Or is there any other way?
> >
> > The only way I see is to create your own custom invoice report, which will
> > unfortunately require you to write some code in the guile/scheme language.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Geert
>
> I think you are mixing my query with a similar query posted earlier today.

No, I was misinterpreting your query because I found it confusing in itself.

Your message starts with the statement that your government requires to report
sale/purchase quantity (too) in invoice. I interpreted this as the requirement
to add a total quantity on the printed invoice which means it should be added
to an invoice report. That's why I suggested to alter an existing report.

> I am not talking about reports. But I am talking about "Invoice tab"
> that is opened when feeding data about Invoice.
>
> As we keep adding "Invoice items", the status bar shows "Total, Subtotal
> and tax total"
>
> I think it would be nice if "Quantity" total is also shown in status bar.
>
> This would require source code changes and not guile/scheme.

Rereading your message I understand this now. And yes that would mean changing
the C code. But I'm not sure that would be the most efficient solution to your
direct problem: reporting total amounts invoiced to the government. It would
still require you to open each invoice in a tab, read the amount and make a
sum manually.

It would be more useful and efficient to create a tax report tailored to your
local regulations that lists all the information you require in one summary.
That would really save you some time in the long run. It does require guile/
scheme knowledge I'm afraid. There are a few localized tax reports available
in GnuCash that may be used as a starting point.

But that's just one suggestion from my point of view of course.

Regards,

Geert