budget

Gour gour at atmarama.com
Thu Sep 21 06:45:59 EDT 2017

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 06:21:53 -0400
Dennis Powless <claven123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, I figured it out, I just added the carryover to the actual
> expenses from the previous month net.  I find the budget feature
> difficult to use in gnucash, so made my own is LibreOffice.  I use
> the reports in gnucash quite a bit to get data for the budget, only a
> few data points each pay period, but works great.  I guess in a sense
> sorta a 'envelope budget' but not fully like he intended.  However,
> it is a zero sum budget and very easy 'in theory' to do with the help
> of gnucash, if one can limit your spending :)

If you can share more how do you combine Gnucash's data with
LibreOffice to have bette budget feature I'd certainly like to hear
considering I want to stay with Gnucash and not having required Guile
skills to do more?

Let me also add that here (in Croatia) we have a real need to do proper
budgeting. :-)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
One must deliver himself with the help of his mind, and not
degrade himself. The mind is the friend of the conditioned soul,