budget

Phil Longstaff phil.longstaff at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 09:50:45 EDT 2017

I find envelope budgeting good for some expense types but not as good for
others. For something like groceries or rent which are even over the year,
it is good. For something like a trip which has 0 expense for most months
but a large expense in 1 month, it is not as good because to make it work
out over the year, you need to budget the expense over 12 months. On the
other hand, if you think of the budget as "put money away for the upcoming
trip", then it does work out. Put $200 per month into savings and then when
it gets big enough, spend it on the trip.

I haven't had much time to spend recently on the budget code but do hope to
get back to it.

Phil