[GNC] Problem upgrading to GunCash 3.0

Alan Johnson alan at argentwolf.org
Wed Apr 11 17:51:30 EDT 2018

Hello,

I recently installed GNUCash 3.0 from 2.8. I have several accounting
files. One of them does not load / crashes on load with the trace error:

* 16:36:05  WARN <gnc.app-utils> Could not spawn perl: Failed to execute
child process (No such file or directory)
* 16:36:27  WARN <gnc.gui> error reading group Page 1 key ShowUnused:
Key file does not have key “ShowUnused” in group “Page 1”
* 16:36:34  WARN <GLib-GObject> invalid uninstantiatable type '(NULL)'
in cast to 'QofInstance'

Other files open fine. It appears that there is a report that
changed/not the same as it was in the previous versions. I'm going to
try to downgrade to the previous version and close all the tabs and then
reopen in the new file.

I'd suggest adding a 'safe mode' option or changing behavior to the file
when opened by a new version to only open the chart of accounts and
disregard all the open tabs (or do a check of the tabs and see if they
can render).

Alan