[GNC] Include unused accounts in budgets, and behaviour of placeholder accounts in budgets

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 07:41:26 EDT 2018

Hello,

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 09:55:27 -0600, Ronal B Morse wrote:
> for the first question try:
>
> view > filter by > other
>
> then put a check mark in the "show zero total accounts" box.

Ah, yes, that worked. I had to check "show unused accounts". Thanks!

> Not sure on the second, but the fix may be as simple as reassigning the
> transaction to the correct expense account, i.e., something like
> ex:food:dining:drinks.  You should also be able to delete the errant
> transaction in the "dining" placeholder and re-enter it, again assigning the
> transaction to the proper inflow and outflow accounts.

Ah, hrm. There aren't any transactions in "dining". If I try to open it
from the accounts view, I get the usual warning that the account
register is read-only. It's just that in the budget view, one seems to
be able to set a budget for the place-holder account separately, and
then it ceases to behave like a place-holder account where its value
should be a sum of the sub-accounts.

--
Thanks,
Regards,