[GNC] Cannot change preferences

Ken Heard kenslists at teksavvy.com
Tue Aug 21 22:04:45 EDT 2018

On 2018-08-21 11:47, Colin Law wrote:

<snip>

> I suspect that may means that dbus-x11 is not installed.

Indeed. On receipt of your email I immediately installed dbus-x11.  It
added two more directories to my home directory. ./dbus and
./config/dconf.  (Is ~./conf now obsolete?) I did not have to reboot in
order to use dbus-x11.

I opened in a terminal dconf-editor, and no longer receive the error
messages quoted in paragraph (c) above.  To change the value of any
variable from the default, turn off the default  and select the new
value.  To save it hit the green box with a white √ in it located it the
lower right corner of the window.

In short, thanks to you in particular I now have a working gnucash.  I
owe you a beer, in fact several.  I also owe Adrien and Geert a beer or
two as well.

I still have however a few observations/questions about dconf, etc.,
which I want to send to the three of you in due course after I complete
my researches on the subject.

Regards, Ken