[GNC] Help breaking up a file

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 15:28:59 EDT 2018

Eric,

GnuCash is known to be slow to open, but there are some tricks to make it
faster.  One is to just leave it open until you close down your computer.
Another is to close all reports before closing GnuCash.  I think keeping
the file on  a local SSD would help, tho I cannot verify by personal
experience.  Lastly, when release 3.3 or so comes out, it should finally be
getting back some of the speed that it has lost in recent years.

Hopefully, it will also get back some of the speed in saves, too as they
are also painfully slow.

David C