[GNC] *.deb package for GnuCash 3.4 Released

Stephen M. Butler kg7je at arrl.net
Sun Dec 30 18:02:37 EST 2018

On 12/30/18 2:49 PM, randix wrote:
> Stephen M. Butler wrote
>>>      For those interested in a deb file but not willing to compile
>>>      yourself:
>>>      https://drive.google.com/open?id=172BMIvLgD7twcGEWkR5GcddoZ_A4QWfY
>>>      -->
>>>      gnucash_3.4-0-1_amd64.deb
>>>
>>>      The zero after 3.4 is the commit number after the tag (there are
>>>      currently none) and the one after that is the first attempt to build
>>>      that on my box.
> /*Stephen... with the disclaimer that I always know only 1/2 what I'm
> talking about... so is it reasonable for me to go ahead and try and install
> your gnucash_3.4-0-1_amd64.deb on my Google Pixel Chromebook under linux? I
> currently have installed a 3.2 deb version: Version: 3.2
> Build ID: 3.2+ (2018-06-24). And if so, is if necessary for me to manually
> uninstall the previous installation? Thanks.*/

I'm not that much further advanced either!  I presume you have a
software manager on that distro.  I did a Google search and this came up:

**Uninstall apps**

 1. Click the *apps* list icon in the launcher at the bottom of the screen.
 2. Find your *app* in the list and right-click (click with two fingers
    on a *Chromebook*) its icon.
 3. Select *Remove* from Chrome.

Aug 28, 2018

      [Chrome OS] Uninstall apps or extensions | Official Support | ASUS USA

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1007495/

I hope that helps. I am presuming that you can just download the deb
file, click on it, and your software manager will install it.

Now, I don't have experience with anyone installing it on a non Ubuntu
box. So, this will be an experiment. It's up to you. I won't be hurt if
you pass!  But I would like to know if it does work on non-Ubuntu boxes.

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
Stephen.M.Butler51 at gmail.com
kg7je at arrl.net