Historical account data

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 19:44:46 EST 2018

Ken,

There are several standard reports bundled with GnuCash. Depending on your setup and expertise, the sky is the limit.

As for the how, check out the Help Guide & Tutorial & Concepts Guide on getting set up. (found on the GnuCash website)

As you come across particular special cases for getting particular information in reports, check back here on the list if you are having any trouble. Some types of reporting are possible, but not quite as obvious on how to generate using certain option combinations.

Finally, if you choose to ‘close the books’ each year or whatever period you choose, understand that this can affect your reporting abilities. Reports are still possible if you do so, just not nearly as flexible.

Regards,
Adrien