Capital Gains posting in newly imported data from quicken

snrm sandiprm at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 14 04:34:34 EST 2018

I have just imported last 8 years data from my quicken into gnucash
successfully and seem to have gotten my Accounts hierarchy proper.

I notice that most of my balances are tallying, but not the capital gains.
How do I populate the LTCG and STCG's account heads for each year?  Do I
have to individually post the gains by selecting Lots for each and every
scrip, from day one, by comparing the lot selections with my quicken data?
It seems very tedious and time consuming to do so.  Is there some faster but
foolproof way of doing this?

Thx and Regards

snrm