Finance-Quote 1.47 Unable to retrieve Currency quotes

Thu Feb 22 18:29:53 EST 2018

If you take a look in the Quote.pm perl module, the currency
conversion method calls the alpha vantage CURRENCY_EXCHANGE_RATE
function. As far as I can see this is the *only* source of exchange
rate data available in Finance::Quote (at least assuming you are using
version 1.47). Given this, any setting in gnucash is unlikely to
change anything (and is probably why gnucash reverts to currency no
matter what you do - it's the one data source that binds them all when
it comes to currency).
Also see the following post from Erik Colson (FQ developer)
https://sourceforge.net/p/finance-quote/mailman/message/36112625/
And finally, if you want to prove it for yourself, run currency
conversion with and without the alpha vantage key set.
Cheers,
Larry

	Maybe I am missing something but when I go to Security Editor, click
on

	currencies and then select unknown and then alphavantage and save it

	reverts back to single, currency. So how is the quote (when I get
one)

	coming from alphavantage?

	Confused,

	Les

	>_ Hi Richard, _

	>_ It's definitely alphavantage for currency - you can check the data
URL _

	>_ early in the Quote.pm module. _

	>_ I'd agree with Adriano's assessment that the problem is server
side. _

_

	>_ gnucash - the first four attempts sucessfully grabbed all of my
stock _

	>_ values but failed on USD/AUD exchange rates, while the fifth test
got _

_

	>_ But I wonder - does GNUCash use alphavantage for currencies? _

	>_ I see this: _

	>_ "There are 3 types of sources of which the first - currency - is _

	>_ hardcoded _

	>_ and responsible to fetch ISO currencies. The other two can be
selected _

_

https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists [5] for more information.
_

	>_ ----- _

	>_ Please remember to CC this list on all your replies _

	>_ You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All._

Links:
------
[2] https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.6/C/gnucash-help/apas01.html