variable scheduled date

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 11:48:59 EST 2018

True, the version in EPEL7 is 2.6.18, one version back, soon to be two versions back.

I too was wondering the issue, now I see that essentially, nothing ever gets back-ported for RHEL, so newer RPMs can’t pull in dependencies because they don’t exist in the older repositories. They can provide 10 years of support, because it’s essentially frozen.

Your experience and explanation makes me glad I never tried RHEL.

Regards,
Adrien