info about action field in double-line view

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jan 21 19:49:20 EST 2018

On Sun, 21 Jan 2018, Mark Hedges wrote:

> It also shows an "Action" field underneath the "Num" field. Where is this
> described in the manual? What is the purpose of the Action field?

Mark,

   Use this for the type of transaction; e.g., payment, refund, transfer. At
least, that's what is entered in that cell in my business checking account.
There might be value for searching for all payments, regardless of method or
expense account and this cell will allow that.

> On that note what is the purpose of the Num field?  To enter check numbers?

   I use it for check numbers; both for those I write and for those the
business receives from clients. If you want to assign numbers to cash
dispersements or deposits, this is the place to do so.

> It also has R and A fields. "R" field is automatically filled with "n" for
> each transaction. "A" field is blank. What are these for?

   'R' is for reconciled; not sure what the 'A' represents. When a
transaction appears on a bank's statement click the 'n' (none) and it
converts to 'c' (cleared). When you reconcile the account the signal is
changed to 'r.'

HTH,

Rich