[GNC] How to move my Windows 10 2.6.17 to a new Windows, 10 machine?

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Fri Jul 13 05:16:46 EDT 2018

Norbert.  Don't over think this.  Which word processor do you use?  How did
you move all your wordprocessor documents, template & settings from old to
new?

GC really isn't very different.  you have one or more accounts data files
(ie.documents) saved somewhere (there are also some auto-backup copies of
these in the same folders, but it is not required to copy these backups - GC
will make more in due course) and possibly some customised reports in another
folder - which you have been told about.

you need to move the data file(s) and ~/.gnucash folder as outlined in the FAQ
links you have been given.  Some display settings/preferences may not make it
over because they are stored in the windows registry - but a quick once-
through of the preferences dialog box should let you put things back as you
like.  No programming needed.

HTH,
Maf.