[GNC] Custom invoices don't work after upgrade

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Wed Jun 6 08:23:52 EDT 2018

Hi,

On Wed, June 6, 2018 8:15 am, Christopher Lam wrote:
> It's an unholy mix of <html> tags and <?scm?> snippets, mixed together
> that's not intelligible to any of the IDEs I've used, and cannot be
> beautified in by any sane indenting rules. There's no clear beginning nor
> end, and unclear where code or text lies. It begins with a doctype, yet is
> an .scm, is not accepted by any html validator, nor navigable by emacs.
> Otherwise, it's fine, really!

Have you never manipulated a PHP server page, which is a mix of PHP
scripting an HTML?  If IDE's accept that (and not this) then it's an IDE
bug because, syntactically they are effectively identical -- short of the
necessarily for balanced parens.  Indeed, e-guile was modelled off the PHP
model.

As for the indentation rules -- again I think it's just a matter of
training the IDE to know how to properly indent it.  Emacs knows how to
indent scheme, and it knows how to indent HTML -- so it should be able to
be taught how to indent a merging of the two.

YMMV, of course.

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745