GNUcash setup

Ronal B Morse ron at morsehouse.com
Sun Mar 18 16:27:04 EDT 2018

Have you looked at using the log files to duplicate transactions from
one session into another?

Each gnucash session produces a log of the transactions for that session
(those are the files with the extension .log that you see clogging up
your data directory. The name of the log file contains the date and time
it was created.

The file menu has an entry to "import transactions from .log file"

I haven't tried it, but it may be possible for you to open GnuCash and
make you entries into one data file, close that data file, open a second
data file and import the transactions from the earlier session.

Worth trying.  Usual warnings about backing up critical data and all that.

RBM