Date limit on transactions / freezing transactions

Stan Brown the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
Fri Mar 23 14:28:41 EDT 2018

I am entering historical data 2011-2017 in a Gnucash file separate from my current file (starting 2018).

(1) In the historical file, I want to limit transactions so that I can't enter a date of 2018 or otherwise out a certain range. Is there any way?

(2) Also in the historical file, once I've checked a month's data against the dBase original, I want to mark those transactions so that they can't be altered. Is there a way to do that? I thought reconciliation might do it, but (a) I can't reconcile even the initial balances, though they do balance, and (b) in the help I saw reference to deleting reconciled transactions, which sounds like they are not protected.

Thanks in advance!

--
Stan Brown
the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm