Thanks and solution to "incorrect starting balance in reconcile."

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 11:57:04 EDT 2018

No need to get all fancy with the in-reply-to coding if you have a mail client installed. Simply click the email link of the person making the post you are replying to on that archive page and your mail client will dutifully create a new blank e-mail with only the mailing list as the recipient(leaving off the actual poster), and the proper subject line.(that’s due to mailman actually setting up that mailto: link properly on the archive web pages) However, no text will be quoted. You’ll have to copy and paste that yourself if desired.

This very reply was in fact made in this fashion rather than clicking the ‘reply-all’ button in my regular mail client.

If you use webmail, things may be more complicated, but most modern browsers allow you to set Gmail or Yahoo as the default mailto: link handler out of the box. For other webmail services, most browsers have extensions that can enable this, just do a search for “setting webmail as default mailto: handler”.  The other caveat to doing this with webmail is you have to be logged in to your account already or it likely might not work properly.

Regards,
Adrien