Budgets: showing total-to-date in budget period, and previous month totals only

Macho Philipovich macho.p at riseup.net
Sun Mar 25 19:21:54 EDT 2018

Dear Gnucash Users,

I am looking to for a report/view that will show
budgeted/actual/difference amounts for selected accounts for the
previous month, as well as the totals for all months to date in the
current budgeting period.

The wiki seems to suggest that GnuCash does not natively support this,
but that it's possible using the third-party "Little Budget Tool":

https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Budget_History#Add-On:_.22The_Little_Budget_Tool.22

When I tried to download and compile the said software, however I didn't
get anywhere. I couldn't get ./configure to recognize the presence of
qt, and when I told it to ignore, it balked on the first g++ command. On
the one hand, it would not surprise me to learn that I'm just not doing
the configure && make process properly. On the other, this software was
last revised thirteen years ago.

Any advice you can provide on getting the report view I'm looking for
would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Macho